How does audio extraction work? How to use it?
What is the audio AAC format?
Can I download only the audio file without the video file?
What is the 403 forbidden error? How to fix it?
Why my download won’t start?
I am old enouth, why I can’t download age restricted (18+) videos?
The app doesn’t work after I upgrade to windows 8.1.
But I have more questions?
A: Audio extraction can be enabled from the settings page.
1. Access “Settings” page by clicking the Settings button on the top right corner
2. Click the toggle button of “Audio Extraction” that it shows “Audio Extraction” instead of “No Audio”
3. By default audio files are put under the root of Music library, feel free to specify a different folder.
4. After doing so, all videos you download later will generate a audio file under the specified folder. The audio file has the same name with the video file, but with extension .aac
5. play the .aac file in media player or copy it to you mp3 player. Virtually all modern players support aac format.
A: AAC is the new audio encoding format that has many improvements comparing with mp3. Apple is one major contributor to this format so it has perfect compability with ipod and iphones. Most modern players support this format. Finally the Wikipedia link: AAC Format
A: Unfortunately youtube doesn’t provide standalone audio file download. But if you plan to delete the video file anyway, you can select the lowest download quality to save some download time.
A: 403 is usually because youtube.com forbids the download of the video. Download YouTube can work around some of them. But as YouTube is consistently changing their protection algorithm, I have to keep up with pushing new releases too. When you see 403 error, please update to the latest version in the store and retry. If it still doesn’t work, please report to me at email@example.com, I’ll work on that.
A: In some cases, you can still play the video with the built-in player, but the download job won’t start at the very beginning. When you hover the mouse on the job, it says “connecting to the server”. Becuse the player is ok, there is no problem with your connection. It’s probably related to a windows bug. Please restart windows 8 (the OS) and retry. It may help.
A: Youtube.com has some protection on age restricted (18+) videos. This app doesn’t support account login, so it can’t verify your age. I update the algorithm to work around this protection, so it should be able to download most 18+ videos. If you still have any problem, try following:
1. Update the app to latest version, greater than 220.127.116.11, and try again.
2. If the latest version still ca’t download, report the video link to me so I can investigate. click the “web” button to open the browser and send me the URL.
A: Please uninstall and reinstall the app. Uninstall by right clicking the tile and choose “uninstall” from the bottom app bar.
A: Please send us email at firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a quick link in the Settings page of the app.